External Drives Speed Up
Speed Up External Drives
P.R.U. Electronics LLC
Last Update há 8 meses
This tweak is going to show you how to increase the performance of your external hard drives by turning write caching back on as well as activating advanced performance. Let’s get started:
1. Click on the start button, then right click on Computer and select Manage.
2. Click on Device Manager on the side menu.
3. Expand Disk drives and locate your external drive from the list.
4. Right click on the drive and select Properties.
5. On the Policies tab, select Optimize for performance.
6. Next, check Enable write caching on the disk and Enable advanced performance as shown below.
7. Hit OK and reboot